DJ Eclipse is beyond a doubt one of the most exciting local DJs, and I’m not the only one who feels the same way as evident by his wining the 2010 Best New DJ by Juice Singapore and subsequently the 2011 Best DJ by Juice Singapore and is one of the Top 10 DJs as decided by I-S Magazine. More excitingly, he has also spun alongside Swedish House Mafia and Alesso & David Guetta in 2012 when they were here in Singapore! DJ Eclipse will be one of the DJs that will be playing at this year’s edition of Siloso Beach Party, undeniably one of the best countdown parties there is in Singapore. It’s also perfect for those who missed out on ZoukOut 2015, Siloso Beach Party is definitely the place to be on December 31st and what a better way to usher in the New Year. Anyways, we were thrilled to do an interview with DJ Eclipse about him as a DJ and about Siloso Beach Party!
1) In less than 10 words, how would you describe your music?
Pumping, energetic and lots of bootlegs specially edited.
2) What do you think makes you and other local DJs different from the many other DJs out there?
Having played in Europe, Australia and heavily in the Asia region over the couple of years, I feel that my experience would bring together a mixture of the best from all the cities to Singapore.
3) What are you looking forward to in this year’s Siloso Beach Party?
This is actually my first Siloso Beach Party, pretty excited to close the year end party with Don Diablo at a beach party experience!
4) In your opinion, how does Siloso Beach Party differ from other festivals such as ZoukOut?
Music festivals such as ZoukOut has its own experience from the start of the setup to the DJs, whereas I feel that Siloso Beach Party would be bringing people from all walks of life to have a good time.
5) You’ve spun during some of the biggest DJs’ set in Singapore (SHM, David Guetta & Alesso), who is your dream collaborator?
DJ AM, his creativity really got me hooked onto DJ’ing when I started.
6) What has 2015 been like for you and what are your hopes for 2016?
2015 has been pretty exciting, being based in Indonesia and Vietnam, and building some good groundwork with some of the clubs and DJs in the region. I will definitely continue to strive for greater opportunities, and achieve much more in my next milestone of DJ journey!
Tickets can still be bought and currently at a super reasonable price, $55, Mastercard holders can also enjoy an additional 10% off! What are you waiting for?! Get your tickets now!
All Images Courtesy of Siloso Beach Party!